Monday, October 24, 2005

Reading Critically

As I work on learning the writing craft, I am becoming self aware of an innate sense of where the energy of a writer rises, falls and peaks within a give work. In books I feel I can pick out the chapters that they were struggling with, the sections where they just put something together, just as well as the enthusiasm and thrill that spawned or sped the writing along.

This is a good think (intentional, not misspelled), it tells me I am learning. Now I need to build my understanding and recognition of paragraph structures and intent.

This is a confidence builder, not only on increase ability, but on the humanity of my fellow writers. This is not to slight my fellow writers, just a recognition that writing is many times work, and with understanding I am closer to becoming.

No comments: