Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The day belongs to the Rut

There is a TV ad where the guy, walks the same path, to the same place he parked his car, leans against the same spot next to the water cooler and so on. This all leaves a well worn pattern of where he is and what he does. The car he sees pauses him as he daydreams about doing something different.

I want my freelancing (writing or other) to be that catalyst to free me from my rut. I don't like my rut, it tires me and drains me. I feel energy and motivation siphoned from my very blood. This rut fuels complacence. My creativity is anemic in the darkening as the rut deepens. Time is now, no better than now, later may be too late; to get out of the routine.

It is now more of what I can not do with time and energy, that what I can accomplish. This ends soon, the seeds are planted, the watch is made for the glimpse of opportunitity. The run for escape and self-reliance and freedom for creativivity wil be mine!

No comments: